Persective Rubric 1. Using a PENCIL, make a small dot somewhere near the center of your page. This is the vanishing point.
2. Draw between 5 and 7 boxes around the page. Make sure you are filling the page and keeping the composition balanced. You may draw squares, rectangles, trapezoids, triangles, parallelograms, etc. Use sharp angled shapes, no circles!
3. Using a pencil and a ruler, draw straight lines from the corners of your boxes to the vanishing point. Do this to all of your boxes. Draw LIGHTLY because you will be erasing orthogonals later!
4. Draw the sides of your boxes. The sides should be parallel to the original shapes. Make the boxes different widths for variety.
5. Erase the extra vanishing lines and the vanishing point.
6. Draw circles on the fronts of your shapes and ovals on the sides. These will become the “holes” that your object winds through. You should have at least 2 “holes” per box, but no more than 4.
7. Think of a creative object that can be stretched to wind through your boxes. There should be something interesting on at least one end of the object. If you can think of something interesting to put on both ends, that is even better!!
8. Draw the object so that it winds through all of your boxes. This part can be tricky!! Pay attention to where it is winding in and out of the boxes. Plan the path of your object. Use all of the “holes” you drew in step 6! Erase the parts of the boxes that are overlapped by your object.
9. Add creative details to the background and boxes.
10. Color your artwork with colored pencils. Use atmospheric perspective.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.